Saturday 28 July 2007

Football Crazy

I've always hated football. I grew up in a house where my mum supported Birmingham City and my brother Aston Villa so every Saturday in 'the season' (question - when is not 'the season?') they would argue about who was the best and my brother had a succession of ever more horrible sweaty nylon football shirts in claret and blue.

When I went to work in a public library, Saturday was our busiest day so the Saturday argument and the results were not welcome music when I returned from a hectic day of stamping records (it was a record library). And then of course on Saturday night and Sundays we had the ghastly matches played on the telly - it was hell to a person of my sensibilities.

So when i tell you I am going to spend the whole day at a football match tomorrow, you'll wonder why, won't you?

I know I'm wondering why.

Ludlow Town Legends v Manchester United Legends at Ludlow Football Club. To include buffet and dinner.

Why did I say yes?

I shall update you after the awful event.

No comments: